8 Day Motorized Expeditions Guest Comments

Edward Feragen - The Woodlands, Texas, United States (Submitted July 19, 2015, 3:43 pm)
Our June 2015 trip was fantastic, exceeded expectations. Our guides Trevin, Johnny, Irv and Dave all were highly competent boatmen, cooks, tour guides and just good folks that made the trip fun for all. Our entire group enjoyed the journey, made memorable by the great rapids, canyon views, side hikes, cliff jump, night sky as well as the new friends made along the way. I would love to do this trip again some day and I highly recommend GCE to anyone looking for a great trip.

Janet Grossman - Prescott, Arizona, United States (Submitted July 19, 2015, 11:22 am)
I had a fantastic time indeed, and my needs as a diabetic and a vegan were met very well. What a gorgeous and luxurious trip! I've never gone on a trip before where everything was taken care of for me. Absolutely wonderful.
And I'd always thought I'd prefer to participate in paddling on a 15-day trip, but discovered how nice it was to motor through the flat sections. I was also surprised to learn that I thought 8 days was just the right amount of time, and I did not feel a need to be there twice as long.

Mark Cook - Fort Thomas, Kentucky, United States (Submitted July 16, 2015, 8:38 am)
Excellent trip. Wonderful and amazing boatman and helpers.

Scott Hinesley - Charlotte, North Carolina, United States (Submitted July 11, 2015, 7:59 am)
This was the trip of a lifetime. Beav, Kyle, Mike and Jacob were first rate guides and did everything to make this a memorable experience.

We plan to return in the future.

Thanks for everything

Carey Stanly - Willis, Texas, United States (Submitted July 10, 2015, 6:25 am)
Our tour leader was Glade and his crew, Tony and Sean. They are absolutely topnotch and helped to make this a once in a lifetime experience. I understand that our boatman, Bachco (sp) was a last minute stand-in. It is obvious he was very well qualified and knew every ripple of the river. That is important! But we were mesmerized by his interest, knowledge and enthusiasm for sharing the history of the native peoples and geology of the Canyon. Good job everyone.

Johnny Hefner - Greenville, South Carolina, United States (Submitted June 26, 2015, 1:06 pm)
Trip exceeded my expectations. 28 wonderful, fellow passengers, including Sue, an exceptional Geologist and two great raft crews who met our every need. Will certainly recommend GCEC to those with similar interests. THANKS!

Reggie Rieger - Columbia, Missouri, United States (Submitted June 26, 2015, 8:18 am)
I didn't know what to expect on my trip with Grand Canyon Expeditions, but I must say the experience exceeded any thing I could have dreamed of. Our guides were incredible!! Donna, Bob and Art were fantastic guides and shared the wealth of their knowledge of the Canyon with us so completely. I can't say enough about the generous, delicious meals and snacks that we're provided for us. I haven't eaten that well in a long, long time. The ice for evening tails was unexpected but awesome! Our group if 28 were a delight to travel 8 days with on the river. We were so fortunate to have had such a happy and cohesive group. They are missed but we are staying in touch via email.
Thank you so much for the trip of a lifetime. I will never forget it and will encourage others to experience it if they choose. I can highly recommend a Grand Canyon Expedtions to my family and friends. Thank you so much!!

Paula Wood - Clarksville, New Hamphire, United States (Submitted June 26, 2015, 8:02 am)
OMG - Best Vacation EVER!!!..If you were thinking of taking a vacation and maybe a little hesitant...Don't be...The guides were Amazing...Loved every minute of this vacation and would do it again in a heartbeat...Thank you for a wonderful experience! Paula

Don Lodge - Clarksville, New Hamphire, United States (Submitted June 25, 2015, 8:07 am)
WOW!!! I have been wanting to do this trip for five years. All I can say is if you are thinking about doing this trip--don't wait. GCEX is a great company to do it with. The scenery, food, and staff were all top notch. Staff -- Art, Bob, and Donna worked very hard making sure we had a memorable trip. Their knowledge of the canyon was excellent. The side canyon hikes were great. The rapids were excillerating and refreshing.

Cindy - Magnolia, Texas, United States (Submitted June 22, 2015, 9:42 am)
We have just returned from an 8 day motorized raft trip of the Grand Canyon with 13 family members. My husband and I have traveled around the world extensively and have to say that this was one of the best trips ever! Grand Canyon Expeditions is extremely well organized with every aspect of the trip. Their packing list is bang on and the hotel in Vegas is an added bonus. As we fell into the rhythm of the river, Glade and Ben, our boatmen with the capable help of Tony and Julie, always had a story to tell or a new wonder to show us. Glade, you are the man! No one else makes Dutch Oven Chocolate Iced Cookies like you!! Meals were delicious and the scenery was breathtaking, even in the rain. The crew worked tirelessly to show us the Canyon they love so well. I want to thank everyone at GCEX for making this a vacation we will all remember! Wish we were back on the river, waking up to Glade's morning call of "Hot coffee - YEE HAW!!"
PS - the jet boat trip for the last 30 miles was greatly appreciated as the temp was over 100 and we had left the beauty of the Canyon behind.

Evie Bronikowski - Toccoa, Georgia, United States (Submitted June 20, 2015, 2:06 pm)
This was my third trip rafting the Colorado River. I have always had good guides but this trip we had exceptional guides. Bobby, Cash, Greg and Tom were so much fun, great storytellers, knowledgeable about the canyon and the geology and very good cooks. This trip leaves you with a lifetime of smiles looking back at the week on a mighty river.

Russ Wood - Clarksville, New Hamphire, United States (Submitted June 19, 2015, 10:38 am)
My wife and I just did the June 4-11 trip with Art & Bob & Donna. What a wonderful experience. This had been on my bucket list since the early 80's when I did a lot of rafting. But this is so much more than just rafting. The scenery is never ending. The guides are so knowledgeable about the canyon. Waking up to the sun showing of the upper canyon walls is spectacular. The hikes we went on were absolutely great. This is a MUST DO for anyone that visits the national parks. And Grand Canyon Expeditions is a world class outfit.

More comments: [page 1]  [page 2]  [page 3]  [page 4]  [page 5]  [page 6]  [page 7]