8 Day Motorized Expeditions Guest Comments

Norbert And Luisa Derr Ruedesheim, Germany (Submitted April 20, 2014, 11:58 am)
Best trip ever! We've been to North and South Rim four times already. But rafting down the river was an unforgettable experience. Amazing scenery, great hikes to the waterfalls (especially to the Patio) and breathtaking rapids. Thanks to our fantastic guides Roger, Larry and Tyler for all the historical information, perfect organization and excellent cooking! You have made a dream come true.

Jody P Houghton - Guilford, Vermont, United States (Submitted October 6, 2013, 3:47 pm)
We had a fantastic trip. The guides were great, the food was terrific and the scenery was unparalleled. We met so many nice people from all over. I really enjoyed the side trip hikes to the waterfalls. It was certainly the trip of a lifetime, which we'll have many memories of for years to come. We feel lucky to have experienced something that so few people get to do.

Shannon Mueller - Hillsboro, Oregon, United States (Submitted October 5, 2013, 9:30 am)
An unforgettable experience, one for the memory books! Our river guides were amazing and certainly well versed in running the river. Thank you for all the historical information to the great story telling, Bob and Jalynda. GCE runs a top-notch trip from the moment you arrive in Las Vegas and are transported to Lee's Ferry, all along the river with your sleeping options to the vast selections of well-prepared meals, to your trip back. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for a trip of a lifetime.

Werner & Gisela Volkmer - Moraga, California, United States (Submitted September 29, 2013, 3:11 pm)
Our 8 day motorized rafting trip (Aug 23-Aug 31) was definitely a awesome lifetime experience. The weather was not perfect, but the crew and all the wonderful people made up for it. We enjoyed the camaraderie and not to forget the great food very much.
Werner & Gisela

Emalyn Mercer - Key West, Florida, United States (Submitted September 19, 2013, 12:04 pm)
My fiancé and I did the 8 day motorized trip at the end of August, 2013. We have NEVER repeated a vacation (there is just too much world to see) but would do this one again TOMORROW! Luxury camping, amazing scenery, exciting rapids, really nice fun people, and THE FOOD WAS EXTRAORDINARY! I gained 3 lbs in 8 days on the river! Irv/Jen and Trevin/Denilee made this a trip we will never forget. I have only the best to say about this TOP SHELF rafting company!

Yan Liu - San Francisco, California, United States (Submitted September 17, 2013, 10:28 pm)
Hats off to Greg, our captain-guide-chef extraordinaire, and trusty side-kick Mija, for an incredible journey. I can't think of a better way to experience the splendor of the River and Canyon. I just blogged about my trip (Aug 29-Sept 5) at www.perfectoutings.com Thanks again for an outstanding adventure!

Bob Furge - Livermore, Colorado, United States (Submitted July 12, 2013, 4:06 pm)
My wife, daughter and I did this trip with GCE 15 years ago and it was so great, my best friend and I did it with them following year for our 50th Birthdays.

My wife and I are planning on doing it again with our daughter, son-in-law and grand-daughter once she is old enough to meet the age requirements. We only have a few years left to wait and are counting down the months.

We have been all over the world and this is truly one of the greatest experiences of any lifetime.

Barbara & Tom Parent - Mt Laurel, New Jersey, United States (Submitted July 5, 2013, 11:22 am)
We did this trip 15 years ago, and still talk about it. It was by far the most amazing adventure we have ever been on. The scenery was fantastic, and our guides were so knowledgeable, we truly felt like we were stepping back in time following in John Wesley Powell's path. We are glad to see you are still going strong!

Richard - Charleston, West Virginia, United States (Submitted July 2, 2013, 12:24 pm)
Fantastic experience on several levels. The scenery, the rapids, the history, the people, the food, the stars.
Really very hard to duplicate the experience. EXTREMELY good value and something that I would do again!

Lesli - Nashville, Tennessee, United States (Submitted June 30, 2013, 3:58 pm)
Rafting down the Colorado river was the trip of a lifetime!! I never expected the extreme comradery and trust that formed between the group. The Grand Canyon was truly breathtaking, its vastness and timelessness can not be compared. I was and still am awestruck at my humbling experience, but what I will miss the most is all the people who I now call my friends.

Jim Evans - Quincy, Massachusetts, United States (Submitted June 21, 2013, 9:10 am)
Iwill keep it simple!Trip of a lifetime! Great guides,scenery,rapids,food,hikes etc!Hope to be back again!!

Dan Freeman - Brooklyn, New York, United States (Submitted June 20, 2013, 7:59 am)
A really great trip. More intense than I anticipated, but much more exciting. Our guides, Bob and Donna, Bob Skinner and Eric, were great. Not only experts on the river but great at pulling a group together and keeping us all busy and entertained (and wet). Truly unforgettable

More comments: [page 1]  [page 2]  [page 3]