8 Day Motorized Expeditions Guest Comments

Melissa Kramer - Valencia, Pennsylvania, United States (Submitted October 3, 2014, 5:18 pm)
Amazing experience. Its one that I will always remember. The guides were knowledgeable and made the trip unforgettable. Thank you Connie and Marc.

Susan Meyer - Sedona, Arizona, United States (Submitted October 2, 2014, 8:36 am)
All I can say is THANK YOU. What a trip and even more so to be able to do with my son...and what turned out to be a wonderful group of people with whom to go down such a river. And what a river it is and what magnificence is the canyon - truly a spiritual experience. Ani and Greg were wonderful captains and guides. I never once feared for my life :) Tom and Nancy were fab swampers. We all got along so very well. The meals were outstanding. Ani has mastered the dutch oven - chocolate cherry cake for she & Gregg's anniversary the last night on the river! Every day was a wonder. Just when I thought I had seen or done something which would be my favorite, we went around the bend and there was another. I did love putting my life jacket on upside-down & shooting the rapids in the Little Colorado though. The rapids were awesome. Even after a couple of weeks have gone by, I am still on the river in my mind right before I go to sleep at night.

Cathi Drinkard - Kanab, Utah, United States (Submitted September 29, 2014, 9:09 am)
This was the most amazing trip I have ever taken. It was truly life changing. Roger, Beave, Randy and Irene were a wonderful crew full of lots of great information and wonderful stories. I felt very fortunate to be one of the few that gets to experience the Grand Canyon in this way and I couldn't have asked for a better group to guide me through. Thank you all so much.

Eileen McWherter - Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States (Submitted September 25, 2014, 2:17 pm)
I have to tell you this was one of the best and memorable vacations I have ever had!! The whole experience was phenomenal!!

Your staff was truly outstanding, knowledgeable, espcially Roger and fun with Irene and the three guys!! They were all so thoughtful and helpful, especially Randy!!

The meals were fantastic, thanks to Beav!!

Jason Tomkins - Spring Valley, Arizona, United States (Submitted August 28, 2014, 12:21 pm)
I enjoyed every single moment of the trip, except saying goodbye to my newly found family. I can't wait to go down the river again with your awesome boat crews. I wouldn't change a thing period. The food and cooking on my trip are beyond words. The sights the sounds, everything was perfect. Irv, Ani, Jeri and Rene were awesome all the way around. The hikes were great. The water fights were EPIC. I came back in far better shape than when I left. Heck I wanna volunteer to be a swamper!!!!! I love Grand Canyon Expeditions and can't wait to see you folks again.

Randy - Bloomington, Minnesota, United States (Submitted August 28, 2014, 4:57 am)
I've rafted Grand Canyon many times, and Bear and Trevin were two of the top four guides I've ever had the pleasure being with. I also appreciated GCEX's having a duffle for us at the end of the trip (instead of a plastic bag) and arranging our rooms before and after the trip. This was one an excellent trip.

Neil Botts - Denver, Colorado, United States (Submitted August 21, 2014, 8:55 am)
Professionally run and staffed. Overall just an incredible Trip, I would recommend GC Expeditions to anyone. Our guide Greg was a 10, he was a huge part of the positive experience.

Poul Eriksson - San Francisco, California, United States (Submitted August 11, 2014, 6:27 pm)
We participated in the July 18 -25, 2014 trip and have nothing but good things to say. Everything was seamlessly executed from beginning to finish. The team of Marty, 'the Beave', Brad and Kyle worked relentlessly to ensure that we were safe and that our experience of this wonder was maximized. They were always attentive, informative and just great company. With the motorized trip there is no sense of hurry, the canyon just unfolds slowly and majestically around you. The speed boat trip at the end is a fun way to adjust to the pace of the world again. Thanks, and the best to all!

Steve Bogel - Benicia, California, United States (Submitted August 10, 2014, 4:29 pm)
GCEX was outstanding! Our guide, Greg, was amazing. This trip fulfilled a bucket list item. I highly recommend the 8 day motorized trip.

Tony Hein - Corpus Chrisit, Texas, United States (Submitted August 4, 2014, 9:14 pm)
Amazing adventure! I have already recommended the trip and GCEX to several people. I had been down the Canyon as a child over 30 years ago and going back was an experience all over again with my children. The staff, from the booking, the prep at the hotel/bus, and the river crew (and geologist) were professional, approachable, knowledgeable, and patient all the way. The scenery and vistas were unforgettable. Putting together meals like they did was impressive - still thinking about the food! I only wish I could wake up now to the slow call of, "Hot Coffeeee"!

Ron Culler - Hollister, California, United States (Submitted July 12, 2014, 1:44 pm)
Had a wonderful and exciting trip. Our boatmen were two pair of brothers. Greg and Glade were our captains and Nick and J.D. were the swampers. It was a great combination and I would encourage to have them work together again. My adult children and my grandchildren were on this trip of a lifetime. The boatmen were especially attentive and helpful for the younger river rats. The combination of the crew and my family made for an unforgettable experience. I will recommend GCE to everyone.

Greg & Laurie Peckham - Westfield, Indiana, United States (Submitted July 6, 2014, 10:43 am)
This trip was superb in every way. The guides, food, camps, and sleeping arrangements were excellent. If you enjoy sleeping out under the stars - no mosquitos - seeing the Milky Way - then this trip is for you. To have the opportunity to unplug & fall into the rhythm of the river and the canyon; it is total relaxation. To be awed by nature and to realize how small you are in the timeline of the planet gives you a completely different perspective. If you enjoy being fairly grubby for eight days & using a chemical toilet or the river - again this trip is for you. We loved every minute and are planning to go again.

More comments: [page 1]  [page 2]  [page 3]  [page 4]  [page 5]