8 Day Motorized Expeditions Guest Comments

Charles Hicks - Eclectic`, Alabama, United States (Submitted August 26, 2015, 7:02 am)
The trip through this monumental park was an awesome experience made more meaningful by the deep love, respect, and reverence for its great beauty by our guide, Bob Dye. My companions and I were able to savor the commentary while absorbing the natural beauty before us, ever changing, yet timeless, dumbstruck by what we saw but had not words to describe.

Sharon Bourland - Houston, Texas, United States (Submitted August 21, 2015, 8:01 am)
The most wonderful trip ever! Every day was a new adventure. Some were challenging and others simply a blast. So so much fun! The scenery was unbelievale. The boatmen and swampers could not have been more fun. Better than that, the knowlege and experience about river rafting as well as the science and history of the Grand Canyon that each of them shared with us made it so enjoyable. Loved the stories. Oh...the food...11 stars out of 10 for every meal!

Thank you so much, Art, Freddy, Theresa, Adam and Logan you are the best.

Steve Cassells - Longmont, Colorado, United States (Submitted August 20, 2015, 9:31 pm)
Our trip with Bob, Donna, Dustin, Dusty and Mrs. Dusty was really an adventure. Their knowledge of the canyon is so great, and they were able to translate its mysteries to us in such a enjoyable way. Food was wonderful, and the comraderie was the icing on the cake. Thanks to everyone at GCEX for making this trip available for us.

Michael Schnitzler Vienna, Austria (Submitted August 12, 2015, 6:57 pm)
This wilderness trip - which we did for the second time - was an unforgettable adventure. Where else can you spend 8 days in untouched wilderness while enjoying the comfort of cots, tents and gourmet meals? The organization was perfect from A to Z, nothing was forgotten. The group may have been a little large (2 rafts, 25 guests), but everything was flawless, thanks to the expert guides Glade and Greg. We saw incredible landscape and enjoyed exciting rapids without being afraid. The hikes were diverse and interesting. The food was incredible, whether Mexican, Asian or juicy Filet Mignon. Five stars for GCEX, and we will do our best to get more Austrians to raft the Grand Canyon with you!

Naomi Sparrow - Portland, Oregon, United States (Submitted August 11, 2015, 4:37 pm)
Beav and Glade were an incredible team, with helpers Chris & Nathan. They worked their tails off for our happiness, comfort and safety the entire time. I had no idea we would be fed such incredible food, cooked on dutch ovens and made with care and love, which makes a difference. I have worked in tourism, and trained tour guides in Alaska, and I will say our guides went above and beyond anything I have ever seen in my tourism industry experience. I would keep Beav and Glade together as a team, they have great chemistry that made our trip, fun, educational, and unforgettable.. I'm telling my friends to sell their furniture if they have to.. just go on this trip.. with THIS company.. with those two guides.. thank you forever for this experience.. WE LOVE YOU BEAV AND GLADE!

Bob Culver - New York, New York, United States (Submitted August 7, 2015, 5:25 am)
It's not a cliche to say it definitely was the trip of a lifetime for me. The experience far exceeded my expectations; the professionalism and great personalities of Jared(Beave), Dustin, Kyle, and Don totally made the trip worthwhile. I have been telling everyone I know that they should contact GCEX and take this tripπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ‘πŸ‘

Walton Denton - Nashville, Tennessee, United States (Submitted August 6, 2015, 9:59 pm)
I have nothing but positive things to say about our recent trip with GCE, whose staff took great care of our group from the moment we made our first enquiry, to the end. The service was truly exceptional throughout. Our guide, Bobby Skinner, and his helper, Jay Hey, were professionals in every respect. Their knowledge of the river, passion for their work, and excellent humor, transformed what was already going to be an amazing trip into a legendary one. I am truly grateful to them, as well as to all of the GCE staff, who made the trip happen so seamlessly. Thank you, and please know that I have already recommended your company to others, and will continue to do so.

Gus Denton - Memphis, Tennessee, United States (Submitted August 6, 2015, 12:00 pm)
30 years ago my wife and two daughters did a 6 day trip with another rafting company. We had a tremendous experience. Now 75 years old and in good health I wanted to share this unique experience my two brothers as a way for us to have some special time together so last July I researched several companies checked out the GCEX web site, talked a couple of times to Nan McCormick and was sold. Once the news of our planned trip was out several cousins, grandsons and a couple of special friends jumped on the chance to join this all male expedition and what a trip we had with our boatman and guide Bobby Skinner and his aid Jay Shea. It was a special time for all 13 of us and memories of a lifetime. Thank you GCEX.

Chip Denton - Birmingham, Alabama, United States (Submitted August 6, 2015, 5:46 am)
Great trip! Every aspect was well organized and communicated.
Starting with Nan McCormick a year in advance to the finish - 8 days in a really beautiful environment with our guides Bobby Skinner and his assistant Jay Hay. Bobby is an experienced boatman who made sure we were safe, but has a fun and exciting time, all the while learning about the environment and history of the canyon.
I hope that in the future I can bring other members of our family for this special opportunity.

Edward Feragen - The Woodlands, Texas, United States (Submitted July 19, 2015, 3:43 pm)
Our June 2015 trip was fantastic, exceeded expectations. Our guides Trevin, Johnny, Irv and Dave all were highly competent boatmen, cooks, tour guides and just good folks that made the trip fun for all. Our entire group enjoyed the journey, made memorable by the great rapids, canyon views, side hikes, cliff jump, night sky as well as the new friends made along the way. I would love to do this trip again some day and I highly recommend GCE to anyone looking for a great trip.

Janet Grossman - Prescott, Arizona, United States (Submitted July 19, 2015, 11:22 am)
I had a fantastic time indeed, and my needs as a diabetic and a vegan were met very well. What a gorgeous and luxurious trip! I've never gone on a trip before where everything was taken care of for me. Absolutely wonderful.
And I'd always thought I'd prefer to participate in paddling on a 15-day trip, but discovered how nice it was to motor through the flat sections. I was also surprised to learn that I thought 8 days was just the right amount of time, and I did not feel a need to be there twice as long.

Mark Cook - Fort Thomas, Kentucky, United States (Submitted July 16, 2015, 8:38 am)
Excellent trip. Wonderful and amazing boatman and helpers.

More comments: [page 1]  [page 2]  [page 3]  [page 4]  [page 5]  [page 6]  [page 7]  [page 8]