8 Day Motorized Expeditions Guest Comments

Jason Tomkins - Spring Valley, Arizona, United States (Submitted August 28, 2014, 12:21 pm)
I enjoyed every single moment of the trip, except saying goodbye to my newly found family. I can't wait to go down the river again with your awesome boat crews. I wouldn't change a thing period. The food and cooking on my trip are beyond words. The sights the sounds, everything was perfect. Irv, Ani, Jeri and Rene were awesome all the way around. The hikes were great. The water fights were EPIC. I came back in far better shape than when I left. Heck I wanna volunteer to be a swamper!!!!! I love Grand Canyon Expeditions and can't wait to see you folks again.

Randy - Bloomington, Minnesota, United States (Submitted August 28, 2014, 4:57 am)
I've rafted Grand Canyon many times, and Bear and Trevin were two of the top four guides I've ever had the pleasure being with. I also appreciated GCEX's having a duffle for us at the end of the trip (instead of a plastic bag) and arranging our rooms before and after the trip. This was one an excellent trip.

Neil Botts - Denver, Colorado, United States (Submitted August 21, 2014, 8:55 am)
Professionally run and staffed. Overall just an incredible Trip, I would recommend GC Expeditions to anyone. Our guide Greg was a 10, he was a huge part of the positive experience.

Poul Eriksson - San Francisco, California, United States (Submitted August 11, 2014, 6:27 pm)
We participated in the July 18 -25, 2014 trip and have nothing but good things to say. Everything was seamlessly executed from beginning to finish. The team of Marty, 'the Beave', Brad and Kyle worked relentlessly to ensure that we were safe and that our experience of this wonder was maximized. They were always attentive, informative and just great company. With the motorized trip there is no sense of hurry, the canyon just unfolds slowly and majestically around you. The speed boat trip at the end is a fun way to adjust to the pace of the world again. Thanks, and the best to all!

Steve Bogel - Benicia, California, United States (Submitted August 10, 2014, 4:29 pm)
GCEX was outstanding! Our guide, Greg, was amazing. This trip fulfilled a bucket list item. I highly recommend the 8 day motorized trip.

Tony Hein - Corpus Chrisit, Texas, United States (Submitted August 4, 2014, 9:14 pm)
Amazing adventure! I have already recommended the trip and GCEX to several people. I had been down the Canyon as a child over 30 years ago and going back was an experience all over again with my children. The staff, from the booking, the prep at the hotel/bus, and the river crew (and geologist) were professional, approachable, knowledgeable, and patient all the way. The scenery and vistas were unforgettable. Putting together meals like they did was impressive - still thinking about the food! I only wish I could wake up now to the slow call of, "Hot Coffeeee"!

Ron Culler - Hollister, California, United States (Submitted July 12, 2014, 1:44 pm)
Had a wonderful and exciting trip. Our boatmen were two pair of brothers. Greg and Glade were our captains and Nick and J.D. were the swampers. It was a great combination and I would encourage to have them work together again. My adult children and my grandchildren were on this trip of a lifetime. The boatmen were especially attentive and helpful for the younger river rats. The combination of the crew and my family made for an unforgettable experience. I will recommend GCE to everyone.

Greg & Laurie Peckham - Westfield, Indiana, United States (Submitted July 6, 2014, 10:43 am)
This trip was superb in every way. The guides, food, camps, and sleeping arrangements were excellent. If you enjoy sleeping out under the stars - no mosquitos - seeing the Milky Way - then this trip is for you. To have the opportunity to unplug & fall into the rhythm of the river and the canyon; it is total relaxation. To be awed by nature and to realize how small you are in the timeline of the planet gives you a completely different perspective. If you enjoy being fairly grubby for eight days & using a chemical toilet or the river - again this trip is for you. We loved every minute and are planning to go again.

Harry And Vicki Crabtree - Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States (Submitted July 5, 2014, 9:13 am)
Harry and I had a wonderful time on our trip down the Colorado River at the base of the Grand Canyon. We thought the whole trip exceeded our expectations. Our guides were top-notch. I would be surprised if there were others as skilled and knowledgeable as Irv and Treven were. Even the swampers, Phil and Casey, were personable, helpful, and fun to be with. The food was excellent! We were amazed what our cooks could create in a dutch oven and on a grill. Harry expects me to "step up my game" in the kitchen since he's seen what these guys can do. Filet mignon, coffee cake, birthday cakes, Chinese cuisine, sauteed mushrooms and onions, etc, etc. Great food! The excursions were fun and well suited for the fitness of our group. We both thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Thank you so much for the trip of a lifetime. Harry and Vicki Crabtree

Pixie - Arlington, Virginia, United States (Submitted July 3, 2014, 8:34 am)
A group of us decided to go on this trip together and had a fantastic time. Irv, Trevin, Phil and Casey were great, the food was amazing, and everything was so well planned and executed, what a well-run operation. The canyon and river were spectacular and each day there were excursions to side canyons that offered beautiful waterfalls, blue water to play in and enough hiking to give you a workout. Sleeping under the stars and watching the full moon rise over the canyon rim, falling stars, and satellites it was so beautiful. Meeting the other rafters made it even more memorable as there was always someone new to talk to and laugh with. This was truly a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for the memories.

Dave - West Richland, Washington, United States (Submitted June 28, 2014, 10:52 pm)
Everything was very well organized, from pre-trip information, the hotel accommodations, pre-trip meeting, safety on the water, fun on the water, food and cooking, and great helpfulness and friendliness of the boatmen and swampers. The organization of setting up and breaking camp worked well -- everyone was glad to join in to help.
All of the staff were a lot of fun, and the trip was inspirational as well as educational in a very enjoyable way.

Dan Sabino - Key West, Florida, United States (Submitted June 16, 2014, 4:14 pm)
What a wonderful adventure! It was everything I dreamed it would be and more. Capt. Bobby and Cash made a great team. I never slept without a tent before and the night sky was awesome. If I close my eyes I can see it now. All the best to you guys (and gals).

More comments: [page 1]  [page 2]  [page 3]  [page 4]  [page 5]